Saturday, December 27, 2008

Prelude

Hi all,

Here's another drop added into the ocean!!In the seemingly choc-a-bloc environs of todays blogs commenting on almost everything under the blue, yours truly adds to the swelling ranks. I presume that almost all 'serious' bloggers (well, I aim to be one!) begin with lots of agenda and have their craniums bubbling in bright thoughts, but over time the spirit withers away. I am not hoping anything different either, but find it tempting to tell to myself and my peers that I will make posting thoughts ('musings', going by the blog masthead, and as I would like to call the blog by a 'proper' noun rather!!) a habit (like my other habits of daily exercise and promises to reduce flab!!).
Anyways, it is of no harm to lay out the preamble of this blog.....primarily, it is a place where I am expected (by myself!) to phrase down my viewpoint (sounds like a really empowered citizen!) on matters which are 'close' to the sweeping archways of development issues, with an Indian emphasis. Economic stuff like macroeconomic potboilers, GDP growth racing tracks and monetary-fiscal policy soap operas , that rule the lion's share of discourses on contemporary economic policy are surely going to be recalled oft and on, but not in a way that would incur the wrath of students of subjects other than the 'dismal science'.
An integral part of the 'musings' is the flavor added to them by the comments of fellow scholars and followers of the development process in India. Not limited in these circles only, all are invited to freely participate in the deliberations in these pages in future, and I particularly welcome a no-holds barred comment on any of my potential posts.Visitors to the 'musings' can also suggest any new discussion threads......looking for a participatory approach in all senses, mate!
As of now, looking at my professional commitments in the year to come, I expect to post at least 5 times a week, if not more. I honestly intend to keep the 'musings' a regular flow.

Apart from these regulation claims and self-pronouncements, I would also like to move a caveat at the outset: 'Musings' have been hatched solely out of an interest in the contemporary development tidings in India and most of the developing world, not a purpose or agenda of any kind. I wish to make it a rather free exchange of opinion among the interested, and not a platform to propagate any 'isms' or dogmas. Nothing solemn and serious to be termed as academic dialogues, and also not something that is orphaned of a theoretical and empirical underpinning, is where I intend to roll-out the 'musings'..........

Looking forward to interesting exchanges,

Best wishes to one and all

No comments:

Post a Comment